These cold months are ideal for hot stews. However, with so little time, it can be difficult to make some of our favorites. That’s when our crockpots become our best friends. We came across this scrumptious recipe from eatwell101 on Organics and we had no choice but to share it with all of you! Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1.5 pounds potatoes, diced and unpeeled
- 3 carrots, sliced and peeled
- ½ diced onion
- 5 whole garlic clove
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- Quarter tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 Bay leaves
- Parmesan and fresh chopped flat parsley
1. Put the ground beef, oregano, diced potatoes, diced tomato, sliced carrots, whole garlic cloves, diced onions and bay leaves and seasoning to a large slow cooker.
2. Put the beef broth over everything and stir to blend. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, do not open the lid during cooking.
3. Serve with a topping of chopped parsley and parmesan. Serve with sliced French baguette!